Basic Steps of a Regimen to Correct S-I Joint Dysfunction
1) assessment: In which direction is the sacrum displaced and on which side is it jammed?
2) Unjam that side with movements that induce muscular relaxation (not stretching) on the jammed side (whole body)
3) Cultivate coordinated movements that counter the twist.
4) Begin cultivating symmetrical movement coordination patterns throughout the whole body to induce the sacrum to drift toward its centered, equilibrium position.
5) Reinforce that self-centering process with exercises or movements that use it, such as walking.
6) Re-assess sacral position with each session, as it changes and may go to the opposite side as the tensions on one side change.